I adore Gina’s Skinny Recipes and wanted to try out one of her desserts for my friend/coworker’s last day at the office. I decided on Gina’s Pineapple Bliss cupcakes. I followed her ridiculously simple, low-fat and inexpensive recipe and whipped up the most delicious and moist pineapple cupcakes. Needless to say, they were a hit. You would never know they were low-fat. It’s hard to believe that all you need are four ingredients (crushed pineapple, cream cheese, boxed yellow cake mix and marshmallow fluff!) and you get 24 of these:
This recipe is definitely going to be one of my go-to desserts from now on. They would be perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, birthdays, or just because you want something sweet that won’t ruin all your healthy eating and exercise for the week! I highly recommend them.
Gina’s Skinny Recipes’ Pineapple Bliss Cupcakes:
- 18.25 oz box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist)
- 2 20 oz cans crushed pineapple in juice
- 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup fluff marshmallow spread (I used Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow)
- Combine cake mix with 1 can of crushed pineapple (do NOT drain) in large bowl.
- Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake in accordance with cake mix directions or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- While cupcakes are baking make the frosting in a medium bowl by combining cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and 1 can of crushed pineapple that’s been drained and squeezed well to get rid of all excess juice.
- Mix with a hand mixer until combined well.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to eat.