I love simple, flavorful dishes that taste like they took much longer to cook than they actually did.
This is definitely one of those dishes. This was one of the first seafood dishes I ever cooked and it’s become one of our favorite dinners. It’s perfect for a quick and healthy dinner for two and it’s also an excellent dish when having guests over.
The lemon, garlic, white wine, butter combination is so simple and so flavorful. Mahi is my favorite fish to cook with. It’s very mild and it takes on the flavors of all the ingredients you cook it in.
I served this with a side of wild rice and it was absolutely delicious. We both had clean plates after this dinner.
Garlic Lemon Mahi-Mahi with a White Wine Butter Sauce (Serves 2)
Canola Oil for sauteing
- 2 mahi-mahi fillets (I used frozen fillets from Trader Joe’s)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper
- Make sure fillets are rinsed and dried very well. The fish won’t brown properly if it’s damp.
- Once dry, season the fillets to taste with the salt, pepper, lemon pepper and garlic salt on both sides.
- Combine the wine, lemon juice and garlic in a container and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the mahi and cook until the underside is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, garlic combination. Let that cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once the wine and lemon juice have cooked down, add the butter and whisk it into the sauce.
- Once fish is cooked through plate immediately.
- Ladle the white wine sauce from the pan on top of each piece of fish before serving.