I wanted something healthy and easy for dinner this week and had leftover cherry tomatoes from this recipe.
Broccoli and cherry tomatoes go very well together. Especially when you roast them so the broccoli gets a bit browned and crispy and the tomatoes get juicy.
They’re even better when you melt fresh parmesan cheese on them and cover them in lemon juice and fresh lemon zest. This makes an excellent side dish but I ate it as my dinner.
Adapted from The Neelys
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into 2 1/2-inch long florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, whole
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper, lemon pepper, garlic salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Lemon zest
- Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put broccoli in a freezer bag.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Seal the bag and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread onto large baking sheet. Roast until the stems are tender-crisp and lightly golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- Grate the parmesan over the broccoli while it’s hot and put it back in the oven for one minute to evenly melt the cheese.
- Put freshly grated lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon over the broccoli and serve.