My friend Josa‘s birthday was this week and I wanted to bake her something special in celebration! I came across this recipe on Pinterest and loved how colorful and delicious it looked.
My friend Rochelle came over and we baked these together in between watching The Voice, drinking some white wine and snacking on a massive cheese plate I threw together.
These were so easy to make and they came out soft and delicious. Next time I want to make these with Reece’s Pieces or crushed Butterfingers!
Weight Watchers M&M Cheesecake Squares (Makes 16 small squares)
Nutritional information for one square: 217 calories, 13.6g fat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup M&M
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1/3 cup sugar, brown packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the walnuts and flour; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture; press the remaining crumb mixture into bottom of a 8″ square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla; using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Add the egg; mix well.
- Layer 1/2 cup of the M&M candies over the crust; top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining candy and reserved crumb mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.