I thought I’d give you a break from all the seafood dishes so here is a delicious, healthy chicken dish that’s bursting with flavor. It also takes minutes to throw together, like all the dishes I share on here. 🙂 Because this is a one pan dish it’s perfect for entertaining or for a quick week night dinner.
Make sure you get high quality drumsticks, like the ones Whole Foods carries. The ones from the regular grocery store are hit or miss.
Roasted Drumsticks with Lemon, Rosemary, Sage, Balsamic Vinegar & Cherry Tomatoes (Serves 2-4 depending on if serving with a side dish)
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma
- 6 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 5 high-quality chicken drumsticks (leave skin on so you can stuff the drumsticks with the herbs. Peel off the skin after cooking to make this more low-fat)
- 8 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tb balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices
- 6-8 fresh rosemary springs
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400-425°F. Lightly grease a baking dish with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Arrange tomatoes around chicken. (If you prefer your tomatoes less roasted, add them about half-way through cooking time instead.)
- Drizzle chicken and tomatoes with vinegar and 2 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Under the skin of each drumstick stuff a lemon slice, a sage leaf and a small sprig of rosemary
- Top each drumstick with 1-2 lemon slice.
- Arrange rosemary and sage leaves over and around chicken. Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil over herbs.
- Roast until chicken is opaque throughout and starting to brown, at least 35-45 minutes. We roasted for nearly 55 minutes to get the desired cooking.
- Plate the chicken and drizzle with some pan juices and lemon juice. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve right away.