Before I share this delicious recipe, I have a favor to ask of each of you! Saturday is the last day to vote for best blogger in the ABQ the Mag Best of the City 2012 survey. I would so appreciate your vote, even if you aren’t from New Mexico! The survey can be accessed here and “best blogger” is located under the “People” section. You just type in “Arantha’s Gourmet Beauty” and hit “Submit”! Thank you soooooo much!
OK, on to the recipe! My girlfriend Paula was over the other night and we were in the mood for pizza. Instead of ordering greasy and bad-for-you delivery, we picked up some fresh items from Trader Joe’s and whipped up this guilt-free and easy pizza that is absolutely bursting with flavor. I’ve been eyeing this pizza recipe on The Skinny Confidential for a long time and this was the perfect opportunity to make it. Jennifer Aniston makes this pizza and still looks the way she does so we had to try it.
We paired it with some Shiraz and watched Bachelorette, a comedy with Kirsten Dunst, Isla Fisher and a boat load of other famous people. The pizza, wine, movie and company made the night perfect.
The Jennifer Aniston Greek Pizza (Serves 2-4)
Adapted from The Skinny Confidential
- 1 package of whole wheat pizza dough
- Natural tomato sauce (preferably with no added sugar)
- 1-2 handfuls of light mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 handful of chopped onions
- 2 handfuls of arugula plus more for adding on top of cooked pizza
- 1 handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 handful of black olives
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- chile flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough into a large circle until it’s a thin crust or your desired crust thickness.
- Spread olive oil all over dough, then add tomato sauce. On top, put onions, arugula, cheese, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, & garlic.
- Place pizza on pizza stone or some type of baking sheet and put in oven for fifteen minutes. Remove & let cool for five minutes.
- Slice up and add chili flakes and a generous amount of lemon juice. The lemon adds so much flavor! We drenched our pizza in it. YUM. Top with fresh arugula if desired (highly suggest!) and serve!