Nothing says fall like sweet potatoes, cinnamon, maple syrup and warm comfort food. Put all those things together and you get the perfect fall treat. These are sweet, warm, rich and guilt-free all at the same time. Enjoy them alone or along side a delicious chicken or steak dinner. I made these as dessert one night and they totally hit the spot.
Perfect Baked Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup & Cinnamon (Serves 2)
Adapted from Joshua Trent
- 2 sweet potatoes
- real maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and set the rack to the bottom 1/3 of the oven.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 60 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and cut sweet potatoes open.
- To each sweet potato add a sliver of butter, a tablespoon of maple syrup, a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Enjoy right away!