Happy Tuesday beauties! Today is already a great day because the December Best of the City 2012 issue of Albuquerque the Magazine hits stands today and Gourmet Beauty won best blog! Woo hoo! Thanks again to all of you who voted for me! Ok, now on to the absolutely AHHHH-mazing & mind blowing recipe I have for you today.
These pancakes are literally just 2 ingredients: 2 eggs and 1 ripe banana. That’s it! I was so skeptical of this at first but after seeing it on The Skinny Confidential and hearing that my cousin is now loving them I was really curious. I decided to serve them to Jon without telling him what they are made of to see his reaction to the taste. He happily scarfed down his plate, said they were delicious and was totally shocked when I finally told him that there is no flour, sugar or crappy ingredients. Now we make these every weekend. They are soooooo easy and fast and turn out great every time. These little gems give you all the flavor of regular, indulgent pancakes without the extra sugar, flour, processed ingredients and overall junk that normal pancakes are full of. Parents, serve these to your kids! They will gobble them up!!
You just mash up one ripe banana and in another bowl whisk two eggs. Combine them and mix well to form the batter. I like to add a splash of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon, but that’s totally optional! Then you just put in a bit of oil in a pan over medium-low heat (I use coconut oil but any should work), and watch this strange concoction transform into delicious pancakes!
I put a touch of real maple syrup on top and some fresh berries and they are so delicious, they taste like light, fluffy banana pancakes. Fantastic pre or post workout snack too!
2-Ingredient Fitness Pancakes (Serves 2–makes approximately 6 pancakes)
1 mashed ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Oil for the pan
- Optional: vanilla extract, cinnamon (Lauryn from The Skinny Confidential says that 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed helps holds the mixture together), natural maple syrup, fresh fruit
- Mash your banana with a fork. In another bowl whisk eggs.
- Mix eggs & banana together. Add my additions if desired.
- Put your choice of oil in a pan over low-medium heat.
- Add a silver dollar-sized amount to the pan.
- Let the cake set for 30 seconds –or when the center bubbles–& flip it!
- Enjoy with berries & a bit of syrup.