Oh my gosh you guys. If you like cheesy, warm comfort food that’s easy, fast and won’t set you back in the health department you need to make this ASAP. Jon’s sister-in-law sent me this recipe and I had never made quinoa before so this sounded like the perfect introduction to it. Needless to say, Jon and I LOVED it. It’s the perfect side dish for just about anything, or you can enjoy it all on its own, like we did! Seriously, try making this for your kids instead of rice or pasta, they will gobble it up while also getting a considerable amount of protein, fiber, magnesium, iron and calcium from this gluten-free grain.
P.S. Gourmet Beauty is now on Bloglovin! Please follow me here!
Cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa (Serves 4)
From Closet Cooking
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth or water (we used chicken broth)
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded (we used regular sharp cheddar but you could use reduced fat cheese to lighten this dish up if desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the quinoa, broth and broccoli to a boil over medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 13-17 minutes.
- Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper.