Yes, I know, Thanksgiving is over. But pumpkin pie is fantastic any time during the holidays. I found this recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie, an absolutely amazing blog that’s full of desserts that are actually healthy. This was so delicious and creamy, I didn’t miss the crust at all. I made this gluten-free for my mom, which is probably the reason the pie came out so thin. If you use regular flour it may be thicker, like Katie’s. Either way it’s delicious!
Make this easy and fast pie for Christmas! People always appreciate a healthy option and this doesn’t even taste healthy, especially with a bit of rich and delicious real whipped cream on top!
Crustless Pumpkin Pie (Serves 8)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour (can use regular or gluten-free flour, but Katie says coconut flour will NOT work)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 stevia packs, or 2 extra tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp ener-g powder or 1 tablespoon ground flax (I used the ground flax)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 10-inch round pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine first 7 ingredients and stir very well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients with the ener-g or flax and whisk.
- Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, then pour into the pan and bake for 20-35 minutes. (Note…Katie says 35 minutes but mine was done in 20 minutes so keep an eye on it! It’ll still be a bit gooey after baking, but that’s ok.)
- Allow to cool completely before transferring uncovered to the fridge to “set” for at least 6 hours before trying to slice.