I was pretty skeptical about this recipe, as was my friend Paula who was helping me make it. It seems very odd that mixing some brown sugar with a packet of italian dressing mix would produce delicious, savory, mouth-watering chicken, but it DOES. And talk about EASY, we threw this together in less than 5 minutes and then it roasts for about an hour. I used a combo of drumsticks and breasts.
It roasts so perfectly in the oven and comes out caramelized, tender and juicy. I will definitely be making this again. We paired it with one of my fave side dishes, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, and it was the perfect easy dinner!
3-Ingredient Delicious Roasted Chicken (Serves 4)
- About 3 1/2 pounds of chicken (I used both drumsticks and thinly sliced breasts–use skinless or remove the skin after baking for a lower calorie dinner)
- 1 ( .7 ounce) packet of dried Italian dressing mix (such as Good Seasonings)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Line a 12 x 9 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside
- Rinse chicken, pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Combine the dried Italian seasoning mix and the brown sugar, mixing together well.
- Dip and press the chicken pieces into the mixture, coating front and back, and place into your prepared pan
- Any extra coating that remains can just be sprinkled over the chicken.
- Roast for about 50-60 minutes total, and every 15 min or so turn the chicken over and spoon the mixture over the baking chicken (the mixture becomes liquidy in the oven)
- I like my chicken to be REALLY roasted so I leave it in at least 60 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!