I’m always curious to know what other ladies swear by when it comes to skincare so I wanted to share my current must-haves with you! Last year I did a post about essential skincare steps and products, which you can read here. Here are my current day and night skin products and routine!
1. I cleanse with Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. I can’t say enough great things about this drugstore cleanser. I have always had a hard time finding a product that leaves my super dry skin clean without feeling tight, while also removing all traces of makeup since I hate using makeup remover. I am now on my 3rd bottle of CeraVe and am totally in love. It’s creamy, non-foaming and full of repairing, nourishing ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid and ceramides. It reminds me of Cetaphil, which is also an amazing cleanser. If you like Cetaphil you will love this stuff.
2. I use 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream after cleansing in the morning. Such an amazing and affordable product! It’s full of caffeine and green tea, which reduce puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. The Dr. Oz Show featured this eye cream as a “top anti-aging innovation”! I put this on as soon as I wake up and by the time I get dressed and do my makeup my previously swollen eyes are completely depuffed.
3. My current moisturizer is Weleda Pomegranate Firming Day Cream. Weleda is a wonderful natural beauty brand, and they make a variety of day and night creams. A natural skincare company called Charleston Naturally recently sent me the Pomegranate Day Cream and I was hooked after one use. As a beauty blogger I have been offered products in the past and I only write about this if I really use and love them and would purchase. This cream is something I will definitely be buying when I run out. It’s creamy, hydrating, fast absorbing and does make my skin feel firm. There is a pleasant tightening sensation after applying, and it leaves my skin with a glowy finish. And the pomegranate smell is fantastic.
4. To protect my skin from the sun I finish with SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 Sunscreen. Sunscreen is key to preventing fine lines and wrinkles. My current day cream doesn’t have an SPF in it so SkinCeuticals is the perfect final touch in the morning. It has a watery thin consistency that smooths and blends quickly into my skin. My September Beauty of the Month listed it as her skincare essential and I couldn’t agree more. So glad she introduced me to this amazing product!
1. At night I cleanse again with CeraVe to get rid of makeup, then I do a second round of cleansing most nights with CeraVe on my Clarisonic Mia. I swear by the Clarisonic, it has changed my skin. I used to get dry and flakey and the Clarisonic keeps my skin smooth and soft. My makeup goes on so much better after exfoliating with it, too.
2. At night I’ve been using Dr. Hauschka Regenerating Eye Cream. This was another item that Charleston Naturally sent me and I love it. Dr. Hauschka makes fantastic skincare and this eye cream is no exception. You definitely don’t need two different eye creams, but I really like the 100% Pure one in the morning because of the tightening and this one at night because it’s so nourishing and has a wonderful, calming, herbal scent.
3. For my nighttime moisturizer I switch it up a lot. I always put on either coconut oil or Argan oil on freshly cleansed skin, and if my face is still needing more moisture I then put on a rich night cream. I’m loving the Yonka Elastine Nuit Age-Free Hydrating Treatment Cream. I got a full-sized one in my TestTube a while back and it keeps my skin so soft and nourished.
4. As a final step I spritz my face with Lush Breath of Fresh Air toner. It’s refreshing and I feel like it lets the oil and face cream really absorb into my skin.
I also get monthly facials by my friend Devon at her spa, Broadway Skin & Body Retreat. Invest in the health of your skin, it’s such an important anti-aging step and a trip to the spa is also a peaceful and relaxing experience that’s good for body and mind.
I’d love to know what your skincare faves are!