One of my absolute favorite things to eat is the hummus appetizer from Chama River Brewing Co. The other night I was having girlfriends over and decided to try to replicate it at home. It turned out so delicious and tasted just as good as Chama’s! I’m all about quick and easy so I used store-bought hummus (my FAVE is the Mediterranean hummus from Trader Joe’s!) but feel free to make your own! By just throwing in some Kalamata olives, goat or feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes it became a gourmet appetizer that everyone loved and it took 2 minutes to prepare. Adding some roasted garlic would be a delicious finishing touch…I may do that next time. To keep it low carb I served it with fresh endive spears and baby carrots. It would also be FANTASTIC with warm pita slices.
Hummus (I highly suggest the Mediterranean one from Trader Joe’s if you decide to go with a store-bought one)
- Sun-dried tomato slices
- Kalamata olives
- Goat or feta cheese crumbles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Veggies and/or pita for dipping (I prefer fresh endive spears and baby carrots)
- Spoon desired amount of hummus into a serving bowl
- Place olives, tomato, cheese and any other ingredients you would like to add on top (cucumber and roasted garlic could be really great in the hummus too!)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place the fresh veggies for dipping around the edge of bowl and enjoy!