The winner of the Lux Divine giveaway is Melanie Schreiber! Thank you to everyone who entered!
I had a home spa day with my friend Paula recently. We did masks and we also whipped up a hot oil hair treatment that smelled heavenly and left both of our hair so shiny and soft! I had to share it on the blog.
We just mixed coconut and jojoba oil with a few drops of essential oil for fragrance (we used Aveda tangerine, but any scent would be amazing!) and microwaved it until it was liquid.
We wrapped towels around our shoulders and used a basting brush to brush the hot oil concoction onto our hair. Paula focused mainly on the middle of her head down to her ends. My hair is super dry so I saturated my entire head, from my scalp to my ends. We just put our hair up in a bun and let it soak in for about an hour, then shampooed out. If you do apply to your scalp, shampoo thoroughly, perhaps twice. I also conditioned after but you may not need to depending on your hair.
My hair was so shiny after and sooooooo soft!
Try this at home and let me know what you think! If you use different oils I’d love to know what your home recipe is! To see my hair styling steps & products click here.
DIY Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Small scoop of unrefined, organic coconut oil
- A tablespoon or so of a carrier oil (jojoba or olive oil work great)
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil for fragrance
- Combine all ingredients in small, microwave safe bowl and heat until it turns into liquid (about 30-40 seconds)
- Wrap a towel around your shoulders and apply oil generously to hair
- Put hair up (wrap head in Saran wrap to seal in heat if desired) and let the oil treatment sit for at least 15 minutes
- Shampoo out, perhaps twice, and condition if needed
- Style as usual and enjoy your ultra shiny, soft hair!