This is my favorite quiche recipe so far. Jon also said this is the best one I’ve made and we devoured the whole pan. The classic broccoli cheddar combo and the smokey turkey bacon make for a delicious lunch or dinner that’s full of mouth-watering flavors and low in carbs. I like half & half as the liquid in my quiches because it’s much lighter than heavy cream while still adding a rich flavor. If you want to make this even lower calorie you can use unsweetened almond milk, skim milk, etc. Either way this quiche is healthy and heavenly.
Make this the next time you have guests over! It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser and it’s so easy to throw together. 🙂
- 1 cup medium diced yellow onion (about half an onion)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 5 pieces of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 cups of steamed broccoli, chopped into small bites (I used the kind you can microwave in the bag)
- half tablespoon of butter or olive oil for sautéing onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat either butter or olive oil, add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half. Season with mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan and fill the bottom with the crumbled bacon, steamed broccoli, onion and cheese.
- Pour egg/half&half mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the pie pan and bake until center of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes, and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the quiche comes in clean.