These are heavenly, sweet treats that won’t set you back in the health department. The light-as-air angel food cake pairs so well with creamy Cool Whip and sweet fresh strawberries. They practically melt in your mouth and are as refreshing as they are comforting. This will absolutely be my go-to summer dessert. Quick, easy, light, fluffy, and super low-calorie. Oh and FAT FREE. You are WELCOME! 🙂
Skinny Angel Food Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberries (Makes about 24-36 cupcakes)
From Skinny Mom
- Cake Mix:
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 ¼ Cups of Cold Water
- Cool Whip Free Topping
- 1 Lb. Strawberries, Sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large sized bowl, beat cake mix and cold water until well blended.
- Pour batter into paper baking cups, until each cup is ¾ of the way full. (*Hint* Use a small ladle or spoon to fill the cups with the batter, because contents will be thick and may be difficult to pour.)
- Refrigerate remaining batter while cupcakes are baking.
- Bake for 7-15 minutes, or until golden (check often, angel food cake can burn quickly!)
- To Top:
- After the cupcakes have cooled, frost with Cool Whip Free Topping.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until ready to serve