I love my protein shakes and sometimes I like to make them taste a bit more like a treat. This creamy, thick vanilla berry shake totally satisfies your sweet tooth and could pass as a milk shake to anyone! The trick to the thickness is a lot of ice and a tablespoon of sugar-free instant pudding mix (the powder form)! The milkshake-like creaminess comes from a small scoop of vanilla Greek frozen yogurt! So next time you’re craving dessert whip up this sweet and fruity berry shake instead!
“Dessert” Vanilla Berry Protein Shake (Serves 1)
5-1o ice cubes, depending on how thick you like your shake (the more ice, the thicker it will be)
- 1 scoop of all natural vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey)
- 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup or 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (depending on how thick you want your shake…the less liquid you use the thicker it will be)
- 1 tbs sugar-free vanilla instant pudding powder mix (this powdered pudding mix thickens up your shake and adds sweetness and flavor!)
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 scoop of fat-free vanilla Greek frozen yogurt (I use the Trader Joe’s brand)
Put all ingredients in blender and pulse a few times to blend up the ice without over working your blender. The more ice you put in your shakes the harder your blender has to work so pulsing really helps prevent you from burning out the motor! Once ice is crushed up blend the shake until smooth and serve!