A fresh, unique salad is fun and easy to pull together and makes a perfect dish to bring to a dinner party. I brought this one to Christmas dinner at my mom’s and it was a hit! The fresh spinach, sweet pomegranate seeds, salty feta and crunchy nuts pair so well together and the homemade sweet and tangy dressing brings it all together.
For the nuts I used the candied walnuts and sweet & spicy pecans from Trader Joe’s. This salad is perfect any time of year, I just loved making it for the holidays because the pomegranate seeds add a festive quality.
This salad would go well with almost any vinaigrette, and this Dijon honey one is absolutely delicious. I’ll definitely be making this dressing for other salads as well.
Pomegranate Spinach Salad with Dijon Honey Vinaigrette
1 10 oz bag of baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup of nuts (I used candied walnuts and sweet & spicy pecans)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk into thoroughly combined
- Throw all the salad ingredients together and toss so the ingredients are mixed nicely
- Wait to dress the salad until right before serving and dress with 4 tablespoons. Or you can let people dress their own salad, which is my preference!