I’m definitely ready for summer, and this dish tastes just like it! It’s a very simple dinner bursting with juicy, fruity, spicy flavors. The salsa takes a little while to make, but it is sooooo worth it. It makes the whole dish. It also keeps really well in a container in the fridge for a few days and is delicious with blue corn chips! Regardless of if you make the tilapia, make this salsa!
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
- 4 fresh (or thawed) tilapia filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or any flour will do)
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- the zest of 2 oranges, 1 lime and 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Orange Jalapeno Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 oranges, segmented and chopped
- 1 clementine, segmented and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients together and mix. Let sit for 30 minutes so the flavors marry. Yum!
- Make the salsa!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, place a wire rack on top, and spray the wire rack with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, add bread crumbs, flour, citrus zest and pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, lightly beat egg whites.
- Season each piece of tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of tilapia in beaten egg whites, then coat with citrus breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Place on the wire rack and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden.