The gorgeous ladies over at The Sorority Secrets asked me to share a patriotic dessert on their blog today! Get the recipe for these berry lemon cheesecakes on their site! Refreshing, guilt-free and perfect for 4th of July! And check … Continue reading
With January basically over, this is the time a lot of the new year’s motivation for a fresh start begins to dwindle. I asked my favorite fitness blogger to share with us her top 10 tips for making 2013 your … Continue reading
Happy Friday to you gorgeous readers! Today I’m guest posting over on NM Wedding Blog! I was asked to share my picks for winter bridal looks and products to achieve them. I collaborated with my cousin Rachel and we came … Continue reading
I’m thrilled to have Sidrah from MakeupMew.com sharing the steps to achieve a beautiful bronze smokey eye. I love smokey eyes for fall and winter and this look she created for Gourmet Beauty readers is fabulous. Enjoy! _______________________________________________ Hello everyone! … Continue reading
My cousin Rachel of the blog BeautyAnywhere is a health nut like me and is always making the most delicious and nutritious treats! I asked her to share one of her recent goodies with us, Banana Zucchini Chia Seed Health Muffins! Rachel is also a makeup artist. Check out my post about her 11 beauty must-haves for her clients here. Happy Thursday!
I’m so happy to be sharing a healthy baking recipe with you today! These muffins are very tasty and not overly sweet. I love chia seed because the health benefits are endless. For starters, chia seeds swell up to 3 times their normal size, making you feel full longer. They help to balance blood sugar, giving you great energy! They also contain more Omega 3’s than flaxseed and more than you would find in a piece of salmon. These muffins are great to eat in the morning for breakfast with some hot tea, or as dessert when you are craving something sweet but don’t want to ruin your whole day of healthy eating. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Stop by my blog for beauty tips, trends and reviews! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (username: rach_walk).
Banana Zucchini Chia Seed Health Muffins (Makes 1.5 dozen muffins)
- 1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. chia seed (or flaxseed if you prefer)
- 1 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely grated zucchini (about one large zucchini)
- 1 1/2 c. bananas mashed, leave lumps (about 3 bananas, the riper the better)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. applesauce 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine. Be sure not to overmix, you still want the batter slightly lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 15-25 min, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Be sure not to overcook.