OMG, I am so so so excited for today’s post. Starting this month, I’ll be doing monthly beauty interviews with my favorite bloggers, women in the beauty industry, product junkies, etc., about their product essentials and beauty philosophy. I’m always really … Continue reading
I’ve heard from a few celebrities recently that they are using coconut oil as a body moisturizer. I went out immediately and picked up a bottle from Whole Foods and I’m completely hooked. It has become my daily body moisturizer. Coconut oil is solid until it reaches 76 degrees so it’s not messy to apply at all. It absorbs right into your skin without a greasy feeling. Besides being a super healthy oil to cook with (it boosts your metabolism!), it has a ton of beauty benefits:
- Contains natural UV protection (don’t skimp on sunscreen, though! It’s just a bonus, not a replacement!)
- Full of antioxidants that help slow down the aging process by protecting against fine lines, crows feet, etc.
- It reduces breakouts and liver spots
- Can be used on both face and body
- It makes an amazing, nongreasy lip balm
- Contains antibacterial properties
- Can be used on hair to promote growth and shine (apply a few hours before shampooing for best results)
- Ultra hydrating and smells heavenly
- Miranda Kerr swears by it–reason enough for me! Have you SEEN her?!
- You can read more about the diet and beauty benefits of coconut oil here
Have you tried coconut oil as a beauty product yet?