Meet Britanie, the natural beauty behind the blog Beauty By Britanie. This pretty lady has sworn off all unnatural products and only uses skincare and makeup that is made of 100% pure and clean ingredients. She has some wonderful insight on … Continue reading
I’ve been hearing a lot about Argan Oil over the last few months and have been really wanting to try it. I picked up 100% Pure Organic Argan Oil from Broadway Skin & Body Retreat and I’m totally in love. The oil is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree, known by the Moroccan Berber community as the “Tree of Life.”
It has some amazing beauty benefits including:
- Extremely high levels of Vitamin E
- 80% fatty acids
- Heals skin ailments
- Protects again premature aging by restoring skin’s hydro-lipid layer
Triterpenoids help with tissue healing and also have anti-inflammatory, sun-protective and disinfectant properties
Sterolins reduce inflammation and assist with moisture retention
It has many uses, including a face and body moisturizer, cuticle treatment, hair hydrator, etc. Basically anything that needs a boost of moisture can benefit from argan oil. I’ve been using it on my face twice a day; in the morning before I apply my daily moisturizer with SPF and at night before I apply my coconut oil.
The oil absorbs quickly and leaves my skin glowing and hydrated. My skin is extremely dry but it seems light enough for most skin types. It absorbs quickly and feels really nourishing. I also picked up a sample size of Josie Maran’s Argan Oil from Sephora recently to compare it with 100% Pure’s version. The texture is basically the same and the feel on the skin is identical. I did notice that Josie Maran’s version has no smell at all and 100% Pure’s product has a bit of a natural scent. It’s mild and goes away once applied.
Have you tried Argan Oil yet?
I’ve heard from a few celebrities recently that they are using coconut oil as a body moisturizer. I went out immediately and picked up a bottle from Whole Foods and I’m completely hooked. It has become my daily body moisturizer. Coconut oil is solid until it reaches 76 degrees so it’s not messy to apply at all. It absorbs right into your skin without a greasy feeling. Besides being a super healthy oil to cook with (it boosts your metabolism!), it has a ton of beauty benefits:
- Contains natural UV protection (don’t skimp on sunscreen, though! It’s just a bonus, not a replacement!)
- Full of antioxidants that help slow down the aging process by protecting against fine lines, crows feet, etc.
- It reduces breakouts and liver spots
- Can be used on both face and body
- It makes an amazing, nongreasy lip balm
- Contains antibacterial properties
- Can be used on hair to promote growth and shine (apply a few hours before shampooing for best results)
- Ultra hydrating and smells heavenly
- Miranda Kerr swears by it–reason enough for me! Have you SEEN her?!
- You can read more about the diet and beauty benefits of coconut oil here
Have you tried coconut oil as a beauty product yet?